Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Foodbloggers Meme Around the World

spicebox cr



Anthony of Anthony's Bachelor Cooking tagged me for this meme. My first one - Yay! I'm honored to be tagged for a meme. It makes me feel like I've finally "arrived" !! Thanks Tony!

So here goes....

1. Please list three recipes you have recently bookmarked from foodblogs to try:

a) Green Jackfruit's - Sandwich with Delicious Yogurt Spread: Yummy! I can imagine the tangy, warm, gooey taste with each crunchy bite!

b) My Treasure...My Pleasure's - Kerala Porotta. I've had this in restaurants and thought that this is one dish that is impossible to make at home! I was so happy to be wrong :)

c) Mahanandi's - Sorghum Roti (Jowar Roti): This sounds so nutritious and delicious! Simple, hearty and rustic - cooking at it's best.

2. A foodblog in your vicinity:

Oh, the Internet makes the world so small!! everyone is just a click away ...

Ashwini from Food For Thought is/was the closest one in the midwest, but she's moving to greener pastures!!

3. A foodblog (or more) located far from you:

a) Samyal in Chennai
b) Anthony's Kitchen in Mumbai
c) Pushpa's Culinary Studio in Switzerland


4. A foodblog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?):

I'm happy to see so many new blogs come up! I'm having a hard time finding the time to read them all everyday :). So many new things to learn and try. Here are 3 that I found recently:

a) Happy Burp. New blogger from Germany - She introduced herself on my blog.
b) Vineela's Cuisine . Lot's of new recipes. I think she found me and I followed her trail!!
c) What's For Lunch Honey. Happy Burp's neighbor in Germany eh?

5. Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme?

Hmmm ... Cooking Medley You're IT!

10 Comments:

At Fri Apr 07, 08:00:00 AM 2006, Blogger Krithika said...

Excellent photo ! I forgot what this box is called in Tamil. Is it Anjala Petti ?

 
At Fri Apr 07, 09:00:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey even your spice box photo looks fabulous!as usual great write up & great photos.i have seen photos of spice boxes on other blogs ,but this spice box photo is the best!
gayu

 
At Fri Apr 07, 11:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger Anthony said...

Hey SH.. Amazing picture again.... Write-ups are flawless of course, thankx for responding so soon..

 
At Sun Apr 09, 03:31:00 PM 2006, Blogger Fiber said...

What a fabulous picture!

 
At Mon Apr 10, 06:28:00 AM 2006, Blogger Lakshmi said...

you have been tagged.

 
At Wed Apr 12, 09:16:00 AM 2006, Blogger Saffron said...

Kirthika the box is called "Anjarai Petti" in Tamil. Anju is 5, Arai is compartments and Petti is box, literally 5 compartmented box!

Gayu Wow, that's quite a compliment! thanks!

Anthony, fiber Thanks!

 
At Tue Nov 14, 07:15:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://hxbquqss.com/bjbt/fgud.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fkrdlwla.com/qxwa/sgcm.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Tue Nov 14, 07:16:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Tue Nov 14, 07:16:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://hxbquqss.com/bjbt/fgud.html | http://dpulxkcz.com/nyye/cdyt.html

 
At Mon Nov 27, 07:25:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Latha Anand said...

I came to the web this morning to find quick breakfast options but ended up glued to your blog! Amazing effort - brilliant photos, great recipes and above all, entertaining write ups. Makes me quite envious, honestly. You just found yourself a fan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home