Friday, March 10, 2006

Cook With Your Kids - Sand Laddoo/Sand Balls

sand ladoo

Sand Laddoo
Caution: Not Edible!



The little one came up with this title! She says "Hey! how about you write a blog about our trip to the park?, Tell everyone that you don't need to waste your time near the stove...you can also cook with sand!"

She has been watching me create this blog, take pictures and talk about it ALL the time (or what seems like ALL the time to her). She is amused that I have got something else to do than nag her to stop watching TV, clean up, practice her music...yadda yadda...

We had an unusually warm and sunny day today. We went to the park for a little while and made "Sand Laddoos or Sand Balls". After a while, the laddoos became our ammunition and we threw them at imaginary enemy soldiers that were advancing to attack our fort. The other parents and kids at the park observing us, looked a bit amused. It's not often they see a parent making a fool of themselves and getting their hands in the sand and throwing sand balls around !

Well, anyway, a few more rounds on the swings and slides and then it was time to come home. An afternoon well spent. We brought a laddoo home as a keepsake.

It is so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind of life, that we often don't think about taking a break and having some real honest-to-goodness FUN! Sometimes it takes a child to remind us to do that.

So..... here's reminding everyone to take a breather and find your bit of sunshine - outside, in your loved ones, or in your inner child.

Have a Great Weekend!!

13 Comments:

At Sat Mar 11, 09:30:00 AM 2006, Blogger BDSN said...

no joking!! even ur sand laddu looks edible!! thanks for reminding everyone to take a break!!i sure do need a big big break after doing nothing..LOL!!

 
At Sat Mar 11, 04:24:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Danielle said...

That's really sweet. My baby brother is probably older than your little one (11 years old), but he gets into the things I do like that, too. He watched me set up my food blog, and he went off and decided to set up his own. I'm extremely proud of him.

 
At Sat Mar 11, 11:14:00 PM 2006, Blogger sailu said...

Absolutely right!I couldnt agree with you more.
That sand ladoo sure looks edible..:)

 
At Sun Mar 12, 09:32:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ashwini said...

See I took your advice already and was off blogging for the weekend. Now I am back and am catching up on all your earlier posts! At the risk of repeating but doing it anways, you have a fab blog, lovely photos too. Great that you jumped on board girl!

 
At Mon Mar 13, 07:23:00 AM 2006, Blogger Kay said...

Looks very similar to 'Kambu urundai' ;) (a very healthy, southern grain) I thought so, until I read the recipe name! LOL

 
At Mon Mar 13, 11:08:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Priya said...

Hey SH,
I was making a kofta for the first time..so was going by my guess work of what cud be in it...I used grated potatoes,carrot, cabbage and sorakaya(Squash..!!, dont know what thats called in English) and then made a gravy from boiled and pureed tomatoes,onion, ginger n garlic with some cashews and poppy seeds.
It turned out really well. I actually tooks pics at every stage in the hope of starting a blog...but well...cudnt gather the courage :-)
And thanks for ur tip...looking forward to more recipes :-)

 
At Mon Mar 13, 11:11:00 AM 2006, Blogger Saffron said...

priya, glad that your koftas turned out well. Come on, jump in, start a blog !! anyways, I know how you feel. I "looked" for a while before I "leaped" too!!!
good luck!

 
At Mon Mar 13, 03:08:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Annita said...

Your photos are just too good!! . They are among the best photos in the blogging world. Which camera do you use? I don't mean to say that the photos look good because of the camera . Lol.
Keep up the good work.

 
At Tue Mar 14, 01:41:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Lera said...

Hi Saffronhut,your sand laddoos did indeed bring out the child in me...would love to try my hand in making one soon...:)

 
At Tue Mar 14, 01:52:00 PM 2006, Blogger Ashwini said...

Okay I finally caught up! You had a guessing game and I didnt even know. So not fair :-) Loved the tomato pickle. V v nice photos. Btw Have blog rolled you...

 
At Fri Mar 24, 11:58:00 AM 2006, Blogger Sarav said...

Mouth watering just by seeing those great pictures!!!

 
At Sat May 13, 07:44:00 AM 2006, Blogger Inji Pennu said...

I really thought that was edible.:)
Your kids have a wonderful mom!

 
At Wed Jul 30, 08:27:00 AM 2014, Blogger Zach Pine said...

Applause for getting outside to play! See http://www.earthinyourhands.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483225825225469/ for more sand globe ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home